NOTICE OF PRIVACY PRACTICES
THIS NOTICE DESCRIBES HOW MEDICAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU MAY BE USED AND DISCLOSED AND HOW YOU CAN GET ACCESS TO THIS INFORMATION. PLEASE REVIEW IT CAREFULLY.
According to HIPAA, we are required to maintain the privacy of your health information, and to notify affected individuals following a breach of protected health information. This notice describes how we may use and disclose your medical information. It also describes your rights and our legal obligations with respect to your medical information. If you have any questions about this Notice, please contact our Privacy Officer listed below.
The law permits disclosure of your health information for the following purposes:
1. We may disclose medical information to members of your family or others who can help you when you are sick or injured, or after you die.
2. At your request, we may share your information with other health care providers, health care clearinghouses or health plans that have a relationship with you, or their health care fraud and abuse detection and compliance efforts.
3. We may disclose your lab results to notify or assist in notifying a family member, your personal representative or another person responsible for your care about your location, your general condition or, unless you had instructed us otherwise, in the event of your death. We may also disclose information to someone who is involved with your care or helps pay for your care. If you are able and available to agree or object, we will give you the opportunity to object prior to making these disclosures. If you are unable or unavailable to agree or object, our health professionals will use their best judgment in communication with your family and others.4. We may, and are sometimes required by law, to disclose your lab results to public health authorities for purposes related to: preventing or controlling disease, injury or disability; reporting child, elder or dependent adult abuse or neglect.
5. We may, and are sometimes required by law, to disclose your lab results in the course of any administrative or judicial proceeding to the extent expressly authorized by a court or administrative order. We may also disclose information about you in response to a subpoena, discovery request or other lawful process if reasonable efforts have been made to notify you of the request and you have not objected, or if your objections have been resolved by a court or administrative order.
6. We may disclose your lab results to a law enforcement official for purposes such as identifying or locating a suspect, fugitive, material witness or missing person, complying with a court order, warrant, grand jury subpoena and other law enforcement purposes.7. In the event that econoLABS is sold or merged with another organization, you will still have access to your lab results.
8. In the case of a breach of unsecured protected health information, we will notify you as required by law. If you have provided us with a current e-mail address, we may use e-mail to communicate information related to the breach. In some circumstances our business associate may provide the notification. We may also provide notification by other methods as appropriate.
9. Except as described in this Notice of Privacy Practices, econoLABS will, consistent with its legal obligations, not use or disclose your lab results without your written authorization. If you do authorize econoLABS to use or disclose your lab results for another purpose, you may revoke your authorization in writing at any time.
10. You have the right to request restrictions on certain uses and disclosures of your lab results by a written request specifying what information you want to limit, and what limitations on our use or disclosure of that information you wish to have imposed.
11. You have the right to request that you receive your lab results in an encrypted manner or at a specific location. For example, you may ask that we send information to a particular e-mail account or to your work address. We will comply with all reasonable requests submitted in writing which specify how or where you wish to receive these communications.
12. You have a right to receive an accounting of disclosures of your lab results made by econoLABS, except that econoLABS does not have to account for the disclosures provided to you or pursuant to your written authorization, or as described in paragraphs 1, 2, 3, 6 and 18 of Section A of this Notice of Privacy Practices.
13. You have a right to notice of our legal duties and privacy practices with respect to your health information, including a right to a paper copy of this Notice of Privacy Practices, even if you have previously requested its receipt by e-mail.
If you would like to have a more detailed explanation of these rights or if you would like to exercise one or more of these rights, contact our Privacy Officer listed below.
Changes to this Notice of Privacy Practices
We reserve the right to amend this Notice of Privacy Practices at any time in the future. Until such amendment is made, we are required by law to comply with the terms of this Notice currently in effect. After an amendment is made, the revised Notice of Privacy Protections will apply to all protected lab results that we maintain, regardless of when it was created or received. We will keep a copy of the current notice posted in our reception area, and a copy will be available at each appointment.
Complaints about this Notice of Privacy Practices or how econoLABS
handles your lab results should be directed to our Privacy Officer listed below.
How do we protect visitor information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information. Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. When you place orders or access your personal information, we offer the use of a secure server. All sensitive/credit information you supply is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our databases to be only accessed as stated above. After using same to process your order, it is stored by Volusion, our e-commerce platform.
How can you opt-out, remove or modify information you have provided to us?
To modify your e-mail subscriptions, please let us know by modifying your preferences in the "My Account" section. Please note that due to email production schedules you may receive any emails already in production.
To delete all of your online account information from our database, sign into the "My Account" section of our site and remove your shipping addresses, billing addresses & payment information. Please note that we may maintain information about an individual sales transaction in order to service that transaction and for record keeping.
Lab Fees are subject to change without notice.
Terms and Conditions
Please also visit our Terms and Conditions section establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our website.
Privacy Officer: Efrain Arroyave, MD
STAT Health Screens, LLC
444 Brickell Ave., Suite 51-121